Forks - The wettest place in the continental US
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Twilight - The roleplay that is only as good as your imagination.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Esme and Carlisle...the beginning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Esme Cullen
Head Vampire
Head Vampire
Esme Cullen

Esme and Carlisle...the beginning Empty
PostSubject: Esme and Carlisle...the beginning   Esme and Carlisle...the beginning I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:27 am

Esme and Carlisle...the beginning Twilight-Deleted-Scenes-esme-and-carlisle-cullen-5575825-400-225

Esme and Carlisle
The beginning...

Two days ago Carlisle Cullen had bitten his venom into the neck of Esme Evenson, a young woman he had found assumed dead in a morgue. He had recognised her as a girl who's broken leg he had treated a few years before. He felt she was a beautiful woman and she would make the perfect mate for him, he rescued her and was now waiting for her transformation to complete. The first two days Esme had twitched a few times, clearly knowing she was in excruciating pain from the venom that was ransacking her body. The process would soon be over and Carlisle was eager to see Esme's reaction to her new life and changed body. He knew she would need to hunt and hunt soon, her eyes would be a bloody shade of red and her throat would be burning, Carlisle was aware that he had to divert her from the thirst of human blood and instead persuade her to feed off animals blood instead.

Carlisle had been sat by the bed he had laid Esme on constantly for the last two and a half days, he just watched her, looked at her long caramel hair, though he did venture out for an hour to get Esme some clothes, when he found her in the morgue she was wearing a hospital gown, he couldn't let this beautiful being wake up wearing a grey and dreary gown, she was now wearing a short and loose red dress...Esme could get herself something different later. He knew it was any time now. Then suddenly as if he would have almost missed it due to blinking himself, Esme's eyes opened, Carlisle stood up and leant over her so she didn't have to move, he was aware her former injuries would now be non-existent but he felt this woman who was now in his life forever shouldn't have to move if she didn't want to. Carlisle looked deep into Esme's red eyes, wondering if she recognised him, he spoke to her quietly, not wanting to startle her...

“Esme, my names Carlisle Cullen, we met once, six years ago, two days ago people at the hospital had thought you were dead, I've brought you back to life so to speak...how do you feel?”

Esme gently lifted her arm and pushed Carlisle back so he was stood straight to allow Esme to sit up a little. She went to speak and could tell her throat was burning and croaky, she let out a small cough to speak.

“It burns...” Carlisle nodded and gently explained that she was no longer a human, in technical terms she was a vampire, like him and his 'son' Edward. He went on to tell her that to live she must feed off blood and the scent of human blood will attract her but himself and Edward live off the blood of animals, Esme nodded at each piece of information that was being delivered to her, Carlisle asked her if the 'vegetarian' way of life would be okay with her, once again she nodded.

Carlisle took Esme's hands as she jumped off from the bed she had been laying on. She hugged him tight, she had a sudden yet vague flashback of how she knew Carlisle, and he was just as kind and as handsome as she remembered.

Esme wasn't yet aware of her new enhanced abilities such as speed and strength, Carlisle thought it may be fun for her to discover this herself, so it was quite a shock when she saw Carlisle drop from a 3rd floor window to the ground below. And land on his feet without a scratch! Esme looked at the distance and then at Carlisle...already he looked at her with complete devotion, he held out his hands to reassure her and that was it, just like that Esme closed her eyes and jumped, landing on the ground on both feet and her hands entwined with Carlisle's, she felt their hands for a moment, his skin was soft, it was nice.

Her eyes were still closed and another flashback consumed Esme's memory, she remembered jumping from a cliff, there were tears in her eyes...a flood of tears, like the huge flood of the ocean that was about to hit her...Esme opened her eyes to find Carlisle holding her hands even tighter, he could tell she had remembered what happened and why, her baby son had died, he'd wanted to avoid telling her and upsetting her further, finding out you're immortal was already enough to deal with on an Autumn day. She smiled at him to reassure him she was actually okay. Esme kept hold of Carlisle as they walked through a hilly forest until they came across some deer. Carlisle let go of Esme's hand and instructed her to watch him. She complied with his request and sat on a large rock despite noticing she wasn't in the slightest bit tired. The new vampire watched her friend with awe as he effortlessly broke the neck of a large deer. Carlisle stood to his feet and walked back to Esme offering her his hand, she took it as he said...

“Come with me...” Carlisle slowly took Esme over to the dead deer, she kneeled next to it with him and suddenly her thirst took over and she sunk her teeth into the deer's broken neck. Carlisle and Esme drank the deer dry. Esme used the corner of her dress to wipe her mouth when she finished. Carlisle shuffled over to her and put his arm around her reassuringly, surprisingly she wasn't too freaked out about what she had just done. Carlisle killed another deer and allowed his friend to drain it, she needed it more than he did.

“Do you feel better?” He asked her as he helped her get up on her feet from the ground. She nodded.

On their way back to the house, they chatted about vampire life lightly and Esme looked intently at Carlisle the entire time, a feeling was taking over her body, mind and her un-beating heart, she thought he was lovely, she thought what he had done for her was lovely, she didn't hurt as much as she did before her transformation, she felt passionate for her new friend who she also remembered wasn't such a new friend at all, after Carlisle had told her about her broken leg when she was sixteen, she remembered him briefly and recalled that he was still just as handsome and attractive as he was back then...knowing that vampires don't age, all the information suddenly slotted into place.

The two of them shortly reached Carlisle's flat where he presented her with other clothes that he had brought for her when he ventured out for her 'waking up dress'. Esme was very thankful and gave Carlisle a hug of thanks. Carlisle being the gentleman he is left the room as Esme changed into a black pencil skirt and white blouse, she left her feet uncovered, ran a brush through her soft hair and called out to Carlisle so he could come back in.

“You look wonderful” he told her with a smile. He was ecstatic at how well Esme was coping with her change.

“Thankyou...for everything” she smiled back at him, she inched closer towards him, her new feelings taking over, Esme deserved happiness after the miseries of her human life.

Carlisle knew what was coming and ran a hand through Esme's hair and rested it on the back of her head, her caramel hair entwined within his fingers. Esme closed her eyes at the relaxing feeling of Carlisle's cool hand and then opened them again as both of their faces moved closer together and both sets of eyes closed for a soft kiss. It felt right and amazing to the both of them, although Esme had once been married, no man had ever compared to Carlisle when she was a teenager and no man ever would again.

They were in love, they both opened their eyes, smiled and Carlisle reached in for another kiss, of course Esme obliged, this time the kiss was harder and passion took over, Esme wrapped her arms round Carlisle's neck and his arms went round her waist and rested on the small of her back. Things probably would have gone further but there was quickly a knock on the door and a boy of about the age of seventeen entered the room, the new couple broke their kiss and Carlisle stood next to his mate, his arm never leaving her waist.
Esme looked at the boy, he was equally as pale as herself and Carlisle, she knew he was the same as her, his eyes were golden as opposed to her red ones, on their walk home Carlisle had explained if she continued to feed from animal blood and not humans then her eyes will look the same.

“Esme this is Edward, he has travelled with me for the past few years” Carlisle introduced them. Edward walked over to Esme and planted a kiss on her cheek politely.

“Hello Edward” Esme nodded as she spoke. Carlisle told them both of his plan for them all should they come across humans in their future.

“We will be a family” he said “We do it now, I tell people at the hospital I work that Edward is my cousin, now we will tell people you're his adoptive mother and I his father when people start to meet you...when you're ready” as he said this he looked into Esme's red eyes stroking her temple with his free hand, he didn't know how long it would be till she was ready, Esme was okay waiting for the time to pass, she would enjoy adjusting to her new life and form.

After a short conversation Edward left Carlisle and Esme to be alone. Esme sat on Carlisle's bed and he quickly joined her, they spent what seemed like days getting to know each other, they listened to each other intently, they laughed together and Carlisle embraced Esme if she got sad about some things they spoke about. Esme and Carlisle knew they were happy, not only happy but in love also. Esme felt more passionate about Carlisle than she had about any other individual or thing she had in both of her lives. Sometimes they just lie on the bed in each other's arms or they would get to know each other a little more intimately. Unexpectedly Carlisle sat up at one point and looked into his loves eyes and said to her...

“I want to marry you Esme, would you be my wife” Carlisle wanted her to be his mate for life, his wife and his soul mate. Esme was delighted, Carlisle didn't have a ring for her due to his spontaneity but she didn't care, to her it was perfect.

Deep down Esme and Carlisle both knew their lives together could be perfect. Esme threw her arms around Carlisle and told him yes, she would be his wife. They celebrated as those in love do, their home was empty and they went to bed together, their bodies tangled together for hours, they could be as vigorous as they wanted and not get tired or hurt. But it wasn't about getting things over and done with for Carlisle and Esme, it was about the connection and the intimacy they shared, they wanted to know everything about each part of each other's bodies, no body part was left untouched, un-kissed, or un-caressed. As they laid in each other's arms afterwards, Esme's head resting on her lover's chest as he stroked her hair with the arm that was resting over her shoulder and using the other to hold her hand, they knew that this was a big turning point for them, there was no-one else for them but each other.

Nothing could get in the way of their happiness and after a few months Esme's eyes turned a golden colour, allowing Carlisle to show off his new bride to his colleagues at the hospital, he wanted the whole world to know that Esme belonged to him and they belonged to each other, his wife was beautiful and they were more in love than ever, Edward Cullen had left them for a while so they spent most of their time taking hunting trips together, or Esme would decorate their home when Carlisle worked.

They truly were soulmates.

They married in a very simple ceremony, the chapel was small, Carlisle had arranged false birth certificates stating that his age was 25 and Esme's 22. They asked Edward to be a one witness and as they required a second, they asked one of Carlisle's colleagues from the hospital. Esme dressed in a simple white knee-length gown, her caramel hair tied back loosely with a floral garment wrapped around it, she held a small bouquet of tulips Edward brought for her. Carlisle wore a grey suit with no tie, nothing too dark but nothing too light for his complexion, Esme was able to get away with wearing white as people tended to be dazzled by her hair. During the entirety of the ceremony the pair looked into each others eyes constantly, never making eye contact with the priest. They had chosen to make their own vows, because although simple people they weren't normal 'people'...

Carlisle went first:

“My Esme...for many years I often wondered if I would find my mate, I wandered America alone sometimes, I think fate brought us together a long time ago, and it didn't tear us apart, I like to think fate went on holiday while your life went it's needed path, I love you, I intend to make you happy for the rest of our days (he said this knowing it would be forever)” he planted a kiss on Esme's forehead as he finished speaking and smiled at the smile that was on Esme's face.

Esme was next, she handed her flowers for Edward to hold so she could take Carlisle's hands in hers:

“I think, no I know, now in my life, I'm genuinely happy, things for me haven't always been good, you took the bad parts away and made my life good again, I'll owe you forever...and I'll do that by being the best wife I possibly can to you, I am yours in every possible way, you're my fairytale...I love you” Carlisle kissed Esme's hand as she finished her speech...that was it they were married, they exchanged simple gold rings and they left the chapel as quietly as they had entered it.

The newly-weds spent their wedding evening and night by going hunting together and upon returning they retired to their bedroom as married couples do. They were left alone in their home, it was by this time after the wedding that Edward chose to go away on his own for a while.

Esme and Carlisle spent a good two or three days in their bedroom, talking together, laughing together and exploring each others bodies on numerous occasions, Esme had never been happier, she relished in the thought of knowing that this man would be in her un-dead life for the rest of it. Since Esme's transformation, one thing had worried Carlisle, vampires cannot get pregnant, and any person could see that Esme was born to be a mother.

One afternoon while the wedded couple chatted, Carlisle turned to Esme and tilted her chin so she was looking at him.

“Esme? I know that once you had a child, and I have worried how you cope knowing that you won't be a mother again” he went on to explain that he thought she copes fantastically but wanted to know if there was something in his wife's mind, actions and behaviour that he wasn't picking up on as a good husband.

Esme kissed Carlisle and then spoke:

“I know I can't be a mother technically, but I have enough compassion and love in me to care for people in other ways..take Edward for example, sure he's not here right now but when he was, I am able to love him as a mother, I am able to live up to the scenario we are meant to be!” Carlisle nodded and held his wife close, it meant more to him than anything that Esme was happy, and she was right, she may not be able to give birth but she could be a mother in other senses of the word.

A few years passed in Esme and Carlisle's life as a married couple, Carlisle continued his 'human' life being a doctor at the local hospital, and Esme found a love for decorating, her most recent project was 'Isle Esme' her own island in Brazil, given to her as a gift from her beloved husband. She had travelled out there a couple of times to make the Island her own, design the house and surrounding area. Edward had returned home too after a short rebellious streak, Esme and Carlisle had to spend a lot of quality time with Edward, get him back into the swing of feeding from animals and not humans.
During a visit to New York Carlisle came across the seemingly dead body of young Rosalie Hale, she had clearly been badly beaten, through all the blood Carlisle could see that she was an attractive young girl and thought she would make a good mate for Edward, he had saved two lives, he could save one more couldn't he?
Carlisle took Rosalie back to the new home he was sharing with his wife and 'son' on the outskirts of New York, he gave her a quick bite to her wrist, quick so he didn't embark on a frenzy but long enough that enough venom would begin to penetrate her body.
Esme had no problems in Carlisle bringing back the young Rosalie, Edward's opinions were not the same however, he spent much of the next two days arguing with Carlisle over his decision to transform the already dying woman.
Esme spent the two days sitting next to Rosalie, just as Carlisle had done for her, she had gently changed Rosalie's outfit, and brushes her golden hair.

The arguments in the house stopped when Rosalie woke up, Carlisle and Esme worked as a team to help her adjust. Edward got to know the families new companion but made it clear to his mother and father that he was not interested in the pretty blonde romantically, he loved her like she was his sister, and that was enough for Carlisle and Esme, they had their 'family' and calling themselves this and knowing their roles they slipped into what felt like a real family life.

Many many years had passed since Carlisle and Esme had fallen in love and gotten married, they were still blissfully happy, they spent much of their time together, Carlisle was still able to make his wife laugh everyday, they always made sure they told each other they loved each other everyday. Edward had recently written a piece on the grand piano named after Esme and on occasional evenings he would play the piece for her and Carlisle would take her by the hand and twirl her round the room which always made Esme giggle with delight, ending their dance by sweeping her in his arms and planting a kiss on her perfect lips. There was often a harmless practical joke between them too, someone on the outside wouldn't have found them funny, but it was something between them two which was just theirs.

To Carlisle, no-one was and never could be as beautiful as his Esme, sometimes he would just watch her for what felt like hours, he would watch her and take in her beauty, her eyes, the shape of her lips. He wouldn't change a thing, she was perfect. He admired her compassion, Esme had spent lots of time with Rosalie, helping her adjust, Rose hadn't been too thrilled when she realised her fate, Esme helped her, and he loved her even more for that.

Last edited by Esme Cullen on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:49 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : adding to post)
Back to top Go down

Esme and Carlisle...the beginning
Page 1 of 1